Opted for Plastic surgery Abroad?
American Society of Plastic surgeons state that every year 750,000 Americans travel for plastic surgery abroad. Some end up with great results and a great experience while other with a botched up surgery and infections. Why do few have great results and a terrific experience while few swear not to have plastic surgery abroad ever.
It is definitely true that plastic surgery results depend upon a lot of factors, but at the same time it is also true that you can save yourself from bad cosmetic surgery even while you save thousands of dollars from your cosmetic surgery abroad- By choosing to play safe and doing due diligence before you choose to travel abroad for your cosmetic surgery.
IndiCure being the most renowned provider of cosmetic surgery in India, offers a few important tips that would make your cosmetic surgery holidays not only safe but also successful:
Cheap is NOT always the best- American surgeons say that many people end up getting botched up surgeries or contract infection because ALL they look at is cost of the surgery. Many women travelling to Mexico, Colombia and various other countries get injections to plump their breasts or buttocks in hotels which double up as clinics. You must understand that it is highly unsafe to do so. Stay away from words like “Silicone nurse, silicone party” where non qualified people inject some chemicals into your body and patients often end up in Emergency rooms. Though the entire idea of medical tourism is to save money, you MUST know where to draw the line. Cost of medical care or correcting botched up surgery can be lot more than original surgery itself.
Know your Surgeon well- Before you commit yourself for plastic surgery abroad, always get the following information about the surgeon who would operate on you-
- Surgeon’s credentials- his qualification. Is he specialized to perform cosmetic surgery? Is he a board certified or equivalent cosmetic surgeon?
- How many years of experience does the cosmetic surgeon hold?
- What associations or memberships does he hold?
- How many similar procedures has he performed?
- Check before after pictures of the patients he has operated upon
- Is he registered with the relevant national authorities? If yes, which all?
- Is he a member of any of international association of plastic surgeons? If yes, get the list.
- Which language can he speak? Does he speak your language?
- Does he have a case of malpractice against him?
- SPEAK WITH THE SURGEON. BEST IS TO HAVE A VIDEOCHAT WITH THE SURGEON TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN SAFE HANDS.
Which clinic/ hospital – It is important to know whether you would be operated in a hotel/ hospital/ clinic because that holds a lot of importance. Look for the following:
- What is the infection rate at the clinic and what is the rate of unexpected returns to theatre?
- Which language does the hospital staff speak?
- How long would you be under medical care after the surgery?
- Does the clinic have emergency treatment facilities such as a crash cart?
- Has the hospital been inspected recently?
- What is the ratio of staff to patients by day and by night?
- Has there ever been a complaint upheld against the hospital?
- What other medical staff will assist with the procedure?
- Who would assist the surgeon during surgery?
- How qualified is the anaesthetist?
Get references- Getting references of the past patients who have undergone similar surgeries with the same surgeon will give you an idea of what to expect. Previous patients would give you a clear picture about the surgeon, hospital facilities and the overall experience of plastic surgery abroad.
Language spoken by the surgeon/ hospitals staff- It is important to know if the nurses and other staff understand the language you speak. Since surgeon wouldn’t be around always, you can face a tough time if people do not understand your language and you do not understand theirs.
The medical tourism company you are travelling with- A reliable and professional medical tourism company would not only be honest and forthright in answering all your queries to your satisfaction, but would help you make an informed decision. They would not hesitate in giving you references and would make your cosmetic surgery tourism a memorable experience.
IndiCure is the most renowned provider of cosmetic surgery holidays in India. Having served hundreds of clients from over 30 countries, we understand your requirements well. For more information on cosmetic surgery in India, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +91 93200 36777 or +1- 877-270-2448 or talk to us at Skype @ IndiCure